Following C3, this activity will also be a 5-day training event organised by COMPARATIVE RESEARCH NETWORK EV and will aim at the increase of the range of teaching abilities of the youth learners, with a set of skills sorely needed by the youth learners regarding participatory video production processes. At the end of the course, the participants will:
- Explore opportunities of how video messages and films can play in bringing change for the betterness of societies
- Learn how to direct short videos and contents
- Develop a PV project and film it
- Use proper software (i.e. moviemaker) to edit, modify, add music and effects to their video
- Learn ways to disseminate their PVs to influence and participate directly in efforts to learn about, prevent, prepare for, cope with and adapt to climate change.
The profile of the participants will be:
– Youth learners who want to discover new ways of empowerment to take action on climate change, through engaging them in motivating and creative practices (PV) in order to communicate their messages and perspectives to decision-makers and the public.
The training will take place in Germany and will be attended by 3 Youth Learners from each participating country involved in the project + minimum of 5 at the local level (minimum of 17 persons in total). The 3 Youth Learners will be selected by partners through a call on their website and interview and they should have experience in youth training. As a requirement, participants must understand and be able to work in the English language, be open to learning, be collaborative and must demonstrate the motivation to take part in the transnational activity.
Based on our previous experience in similar EU projects, the face-to-face Train the Youths workshop is the most efficient and productive method in transferring knowledge and clarifying important issues before the actual training takes place in each country. All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
After the completion of the Train-the-Youths workshop, all partners will provide their feedback on the quality of the content and the structure of the training methodology and curriculum (an evaluation questionnaire will be administered to all partners).